If you’re tired of spending too much on your daily drink from your favorite coffee shop, this recipe is for you! It’s as easy as 1-2-3 — literally, as you only need three ingredients. Combine those, and you’ll have a delicious, inexpensive iced mocha.
- Roasty’s simple iced mocha latte recipe is a budget-friendly alternative to coffee shop drinks. It’s easy, too, only requiring three core ingredients.
- The recipe calls for cold strong coffee, milk, and chocolate syrup.
- Enjoy barista-style results at home by shaking the ingredients in a mason jar until well-mixed and topping the resulting cup of coffee with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
What Is an Iced Mocha?
Nescafé defines the mocha as a shot of espresso combined with cocoa powder or syrup and milk or cream. Roasty and pretty much every other coffee-related platform or establishment define it the same way.
An iced mocha follows the same recipe, except the drink is served in a glass of ice. You get the same dose of coffee-chocolate flavor, only with a cool and refreshing edge.
How To Make an Iced Mocha at Home
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup cold coffee
- Chocolate syrup to taste
- Lidded mason jar
- Ice cubes
- Whipped cream (optional)
Squirt your chocolate sauce into an empty mason jar.
Drop a few pieces of ice (or coffee ice cubes if you’re worried about melted ice diluting your chocolate latte) into the mason jar. Then, pour chilled coffee and milk over them.
We used equal parts undiluted cold brew concentrate and milk, and the end result was yummy. But you don’t have to do that. You can fire up the espresso machine and add an espresso shot or two to your cup (though this method means adjusting the coffee-to-milk ratio slightly; do that to your liking) or repurpose the leftover coffee from your morning brew session to minimize waste. You can even use instant coffee if that’s your jam.
As far as milk is concerned, use whatever kind you like. We used whole, but if you want non-dairy product suggestions, we recommend oat milk. We’ve tried a lot of milk alternatives, and oat milk tends to yield the best-tasting results.
Put the lid on the milk, chocolate sauce, and coffee mixture. Then, shake the jar until everything is well combined.
Remove the mason jar’s lid and top your homemade mocha with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate drizzle. After that, there’s only one thing left to do — enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is an Iced Mocha Sweet?
The standard iced mocha has a sweet flavor. But making your own gives you total control of how sweet it is.
If our recipe above doesn’t yield sweet enough results, you can always stir in a liquid sweetener. On the other hand, if our homemade iced mocha is too sweet for you, add less chocolate syrup than we did or pour sugar-free chocolate into your cup.
What Is an Iced Mocha Made Of?
An iced mocha is a combination of chocolate syrup or powder, milk, and espresso (or strong, espresso-like coffee).
Does an Iced Mocha Have Sugar?
A regular iced mocha has sugar. However, you can make a sugar-free mocha at home by adding sugar-free chocolate and a sugar-free, non-dairy creamer or milk alternative to your coffee.
Make a Mocha at Home
When the chocolate craving strikes, let a homemade iced mocha satisfy it. The drink is easy to make and even easier to enjoy.
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup strong brewed cold coffee
- 2 good squirts (more or less to taste) of chocolate syrup
- Mason jar with lid full of ice
- Optional whipped cream
- Squirt your chocolate sauce into an empty mason jar.
- Add the ice.
- Pour your coffee and milk over top.
- Seal the lid and give it a few good shakes until the chocolate sauce is fully incorporated!
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 4g