What’s more satisfying than popping a coffee capsule into your Nespresso machine and watching your coffee maker do its thing? Have a stylish and functional place to store and display all those capsules!
If you’re struggling to keep track of all your Nespresso pods, read on for some clever and creative solutions that will have your coffee setup organized in no time.
At a Glance: Our Top 5 Picks for Best Nespresso Pod Holders
Quick Summary: 5 Best Nespresso Pod Holders
|EVERIE Crystal Tempered Glass Top Nespresso Capsule Drawer Holder||Check on Amazon →|
|ANASTA Countertop Coffee Capsule Holder||Check on Amazon →|
|Peak Coffee Pod Carousel for Nespresso Vertuo Capsules||Check on Amazon →|
|DecoBros Crystal Tempered Glass or Mesh Nespresso OriginalLine Storage Drawer||Check on Amazon →|
|Flagship for Nespresso 3-Tier Vertuo Capsule Drawer||Check on Amazon →|
EVERIE Crystal Tempered Glass Top Nespresso Capsule Drawer Holder
Ideally, you want your coffee pod holders to be both functional and beautiful, while still saving you space.
This glass top drawer from EVERIE was designed specifically for Nespresso capsules of all sizes.
It saves space since you can place your Nespresso machine directly on top of the drawer, but it’s big on storage. You can fit anywhere from 40 to 52 Vertuo capsules and up to 28 Original capsules inside!
What We Like:
- The stylish design is also durable, with a thick glass top and metal frame that keeps your capsules secure for the long run.
- The universal slots in the drawer mean that you can seamlessly store Nespresso pods of varying sizes and have easy access to capsules.
- The drawer slides smoothly and easily, with no resistance.
What We Don’t:
- Some assembly is required, but instructions are not included.
- The glass top is prone to scratches and chips.
ANASTA Countertop Coffee Capsule Holder
If a super-organized coffee setup isn’t your thing, and you prefer a more casual approach to coffee pod holders, consider a large coffee cup-shaped basket like this one from ANASTA.
It looks great on any kitchen countertop, it’s durable, and it’s large enough to hold your entire Nespresso pod stash.
If you’re a grab-it-and-go kind of person, then you’ll love this stylish and space-saving solution!
What We Like:
- The fun coffee cup design is a great conversation piece and an excellent accent to any coffee setup.
- It comes in both black and white, with an optional coaster.
- The bottom is large and waterproof, so no need to worry about coffee spills.
- The sturdy metal construction means that this pod container is built to last.
What We Don’t:
- It holds fewer coffee pods than we’d like; It holds about 25-30 capsules, or more if the capsules are smaller.
- The lettering section of the basket is thin and prone to getting bent.
Peak Coffee Pod Carousel for Nespresso Vertuo Capsules
What do you do when you’re short on counter space? Think vertically!
This stylish Nespresso Pod rotating carousel is meant to display your Vertuo pods while keeping your coffee accessories stored.
With a sturdy metal frame and an anti-wobble base, coffee drinkers don’t have to worry about it getting knocked over during busy mealtimes.
What We Like:
- It’s designed to hold up to 30 Nespresso Vertuo pods at any one time.
- The rotating design means you can quickly and easily find the pod you’re looking for.
What We Don’t:
- When storing the pods in this carousel, the top of the pod that displays the coffee blends and flavors is hidden.
- The pods slip out from the bottom a bit too easily, which can be frustrating.
- It’s not made to hold Nespresso OriginalLine pods, only Nespresso Vertuo pods.
DecoBros Crystal Tempered Glass or Mesh Nespresso OriginalLine Storage Drawer
If you’ve got a Nespresso OriginalLine machine, then you know how frustrating it can be to find an efficient way to store those little pods in a coffee pod holder for your fresh coffee.
With the unique shape of the Original pods, they’re not as easy to store as the Verto pods. But this drawer from DecoBros may be the solution!
It’s made to store Nespresso OriginalLine pods and you have the option to choose a tempered glass top or a metal mesh one. It’s a versatile and affordable solution for prepping your cup of coffee!
What We Like:
- The tempered glass top and metal frame are heavy-duty and built to last.
- Rubber feet keep this drawer from sliding around.
- If you keep your Nespresso machine or coffee maker on top of the drawer, it helps to cut down on the noise during brewing.
What We Don’t:
- It actually holds more capsules (up to 72) after taking the felt insert out of the drawer, which makes the insert feel a bit unnecessary.
- The drawer doesn’t slide out as easily as we would like, especially after a few weeks or months of use.
Flagship for Nespresso 3-Tier Vertuo Capsule Drawer
Do you love the idea of a drawer for your pods but don’t have much space? Consider this 3-tier draw system from Flagship that’s designed to hold up to 60 Nespresso Vertuo pods at a time!
The sleek black metal frame is sturdy and stylish, and the drawers are designed to display your pods neatly. It’s a thoughtfully designed timesaver!
What We Like:
- The drawers are long and narrow, perfect for a countertop that doesn’t have much space.
- The sleek and minimalist design looks great in all kinds of kitchens.
- There’s no assembly required; you can use it right out of the box!
What We Don’t:
- The drawers do not slide out silently, and they make a bit of a squealing noise.
- Since the drawers and pods are both lightweight, the setup isn’t as heavy or sturdy as it could be, and it’s prone to wobbling.
Choosing the best Nespresso Pod Holder: What You Need to Know
The Best Way to Store Your Nespresso Pods: How to Make Them Last
Nespresso capsules, just like any coffee, do eventually expire, so the right storage solution is crucial, not only to keep your kitchen organized but also to keep your pods from going bad too quickly.
Nespresso’s capsules don’t contain any additives or sugar, just freshly ground coffee, so they should be stored the same way any pre-ground coffee should be stored.
To keep your pods from going stale or developing mold and mildew, Serious Coffee recommends you should store your pods away from direct sunlight, and in a cool, dry place.
Pantries or cabinets are recommended, but drawers and other more vertical options are good too, as long as your pods are protected from water. Also, be sure to keep your favorite coffee pods away from any heat source.
Finally, remember to keep an eye on the expiration date.
While a properly stored capsule will likely taste just fine even after the Best By date has passed, Nespresso recommends drinking the coffee 6-9 months after purchase for the best taste.
The Different Kinds of Nespresso Pod Holders
- Drawers: If you’ve got a little extra space in your kitchen, and you’re looking for an efficient way to keep your coffee pods neat and tidy, then a drawer is a good option. If the drawer is sturdy enough, you can even place your coffee machine on top of it, saving you space and keeping your coffee setup compact.
- Vertical Storage: Vertical storage solutions work best in a small space where you don’t have much elbow room. The best vertical solutions will rotate the pods so you can clearly see them all and make your selection easily.
- Wall Storage: If you want to keep your pods out of the way but also want to display them in your coffee setup, take advantage of the unused wall space in your kitchen and hang a wall-mounted pod holder. This is a great option to keep your pods protected from sunlight, heat, or water.
- Baskets and Bowls: These are excellent options if you’re not too concerned about keeping your pods organized by flavor or blend. Simply toss the capsules into the bowl and dig through when it’s time to brew a cup!
Things to Look for in a Nespresso Pod Holder
- A heavy, anti-wobble base: If the Nespresso Pod holder is vertical, you’ll want to make sure that the bottom is heavy so that the display doesn’t tip over easily.
- Sturdy Construction: Whether it’s made of metal, plastic, or glass, you obviously want to be sure that it won’t break or fall apart. Check to see if there are any weak points in the design that could be worn down over time, and make sure that the materials used are quality.
- A Stylish Design: There are lots of options out there for Nespresso pod storage solutions, so make sure you choose something that you like and that will fit seamlessly into the theme of your kitchen. Whether it’s a classic style or a more modern design, you’ll want to be excited to use it every morning!
What to Consider Before Buying a Nespresso Pod Holder
First, think about how many coffee pods you usually have at any one time. You’ll want a pod holder with the storage capacity to hold at least as many as you plan to keep in your house at any one time.
So, if you tend to have around 20 pods at any one time, choose one that can hold 30, just in case.
You should also consider how much countertop space you have available to you. If you’re in tight quarters, consider a vertical or wall holder to help keep your counters clear. If you’ve got lots of space, then a drawer might be the perfect solution for you.
Finally, make sure you’re buying a storage solution designed for the particular pod you need.
Not every Nespresso pod holder will be able to store both kinds of pods, so for example, if you’ve got a Nespresso VertuoLine machine, make sure your storage solution is made with that machine in mind.
The Best Materials for a Nespresso Pod Holder
Plastic: If you’re looking for an inexpensive and durable storage solution, plastic may be the way to go. But be careful to keep it away from heat, since plastic is prone to melting.
Also, be sure that the pod holder is made from food-safe plastic!
Metal: Pod storage containers made out of metal are generally sturdy and built to last, but remember that not all metals are the same.
Metals like aluminum are less expensive, but they’re also more flexible and prone to bending. Stainless steel is a stronger and more durable choice.
Glass: A glass-top drawer is stylish and sturdy, and a great place to put your pods. But use caution when choosing a tempered glass pod container.
Tempered glass is safer than normal glass since it’s stronger and coated in protective material to help it shatter into smaller pieces.
It’s more prone to breaking if exposed to extreme heat.
How long do Nespresso pods last?
Nespresso capsules are made by filling the pod with freshly ground coffee right before packaging and shipping.
Usually, by the time you take your pods home, the recommended expiration date will be 6-9 months after purchase. If stored properly, they can last even longer.
Where is the best place to store my coffee pods?
We recommend storing them in a kitchen cabinet or on an open shelf that does not get any direct sunlight.
You can store your Nespresso pods on a counter, but be sure to keep them away from any heat or water.
If you store them where there’s any potential for spills, be sure that your storage solution is airtight and/or waterproof.
Can you store Nespresso pods in the fridge?
There’s not really any harm in storing your Nespresso pods in the fridge, but it’s not really recommended, either.
The refrigerator won’t do anything to slow the development of mold or mildew since the temperature of your fridge isn’t cold enough for that.
If you really want to store them for the long term, you can freeze them in an airtight container, but be sure to thaw them thoroughly before brewing!
Hopefully, you’ve got a better idea of which Nespresso pod holder is right for you and your home. So, which Nespresso pod holder is our top choice?
We have to go with the EVERIE Tempered Glass Top Nespresso Capsule Drawer.
This is our top pick because it’s durable, sturdy, stylish, and versatile enough to store both Nespresso Original and Vertuo pods.
If a drawer isn’t the storage solution for you, then we recommend the Peak Coffee Pod Carousel. It’s a beautiful and durable solution for Nespresso Vertuo pods that are made with quality in mind.