Whether you’re looking for a good brunch drink or a shot of energy to start off your big night out, there’s no better combination than coffee and alcohol!
Sometimes a tall glass of iced water or a hot coffee with milk may be enough to quench your thirst and hit the spot, but for those more adventurous times when you need a richer taste and a bigger energy burst, bring on the cold brew drinks!
Mixing coffee with alcohol is definitely nothing new (think of that old classic – the Irish coffee), and there are lots of great options out there.
Whether you purchase a premade drink, are looking for a new cocktail recipe to make at home, or are just wondering what to order at the bar, we’ve got you covered!
When Out At the Bar
When you’re out and about and want to know what classic cocktails can be enhanced with cold brew, ask your bartender about these options:
- Cold Brew Rum Sour – with lemon, dark rum, simple syrup, and a rich, chocolaty coffee, this sweet and sour drink puts a jolt into a classic Rum Sour.
- Cold Brew Martini – made the same way as an espresso martini, swap out the espresso with cold brew for a less foamy and more bitter version of this martini to really get your night going.
- Cold Brew White Russian – add .5 oz of cold brew to your White Russian for a creamier and more caffeinated version of this delicious classic.
Fresh From the Fridge
Coffee mixed with alcohol is popular enough that you can buy spiked coffee and coffee liquor products from your local package store or local market to enjoy at home!
Check out some of the top-rated spiked cold brew drinks and cold brew liquor options available:
- Mr. Black Cold Brew Coffee Liquor – Enjoy on the rocks or use it to make an at-home cocktail. Made with 100% Arabica beans from Papua New Guinea, Kenya, and El Salvador, this cold brew coffee only has Australian grain spirit added to it to make a delicious liquor with a 21% alcohol content.
- Cafe Agave Spiked Cold Brew Coffee – Available in four different flavors, this spiked cold brew is sweetened with sugar and agave. Sold in 6.3 oz cans that have a 12.5% alcohol content and can be drunk as is, or used to enhance a cocktail or other mixed drink.
- Cutwater Horchata Cold Brew Cocktail – Combining the sweet vanilla and cinnamon notes from the Horchata with cold brew and vodka gives you a delicious and medium-bodied spiked coffee with 12% alcohol content.
- Kahlua Nitro Cold Brew – With a splash of rum and Kahlúa coffee liqueur added to an Arabica cold brew coffee, this nitrogen-filled drink is creamy and smooth, and delicious for you to enjoy at home.
- Bomani Cold Buzz Cold Brew Coffee – with 0 grams of sugar or carbs, this infused cold brew gives you a buzzed coffee with no additive ingredients. Drink it like you drink your coffee or use it to make a coffee cocktail.
- Guinness Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Beer – If you’re a beer enthusiast, try out this beer coffee that uses both cold brew and beer brewing methods to get a deliciously rich and creamy beer with a 4% alcohol content.
Easy To Make at Home
Want to try your hand at making something at home, but don’t want to go as far as a cocktail?
There are easy ways to add a quick spike to your cold brew at home for an easy buzz that doesn’t take any mixing or extra steps.
- With a range of flavors and dairy-free options, Bailey’s Irish Cream has dominated the coffee/liquor scene for years, and for good reason. Using Irish Whiskey and other spirits, flavors, and creamer base, add a shot or two to your cold brew and enjoy the flavors and buzz!
- For a less creamy alcohol additive, vodka is the key ingredient and is a great complimentary liquor to add to your cold brew. Many well-known vodka producers such as SKYY and Grey Goose even offer coffee-flavored vodka which will blend in beautifully.
- Although this takes a bit more planning and mixing, try your hand at making a Dirty Horchata Cocktail using white rice, Kahlua, cold brew, and other pantry staples.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do You Drink Cold Brew With?
Cold brew is delicious drunk black or with your usual coffee additives like cream, sugar, or coffee creamer.
How Do You Drink Spiked Cold Brew?
You can buy spiked cold brew coffee products from the store (we have several great options listed above!) or you can add a shot of liquor to your prepared cold brew to spike it to your desired amount.
Can You Put Vodka in Cold Brew?
Yes! You can put straight vodka into your cold brew to make it spiked. Using a flavored vodka, such as coffee flavor, is also a great way to make a fun, but easy, spiked drink.
What’s a Good Alcoholic Drink on a Hot Day?
A nice, chilled, spiked cold brew drink is a delicious choice for a hot day. Or simply make your own cold brew and add your favorite vodka or whiskey for a little extra buzz.
What Alcohol Mixes Well With Coffee?
Whiskey and vodka are great options for mixing with coffee. There are several coffee-flavored vodkas available that help to hide any additional taste from the alcohol.
You can also enjoy a classic Bailey’s with your cold brew and enjoy their many Irish Whiskey flavors available.
There are so many great ways to enjoy cold brew and alcohol together.
Be it pre-canned, a mixed drink or a little Irish Whiskey added to your next batch, we hope that you enjoy it responsibly and keep yourself and others safe!